Manifesto for Mental Health
In this hectic, nonsensical reality, sometimes surviving just means preserving your sanity.
A toolkit is needed for the modern human to maintain their mental health and navigate their daily lives.
This kit helps you to gain spiritual and physical sustenance, as well as clarity of vision, through the 7 objects it contains. They provide multivarious defences against an omnipresent threat – a tool for each day of the week to keep it at bay.
Spiritual: connect and reflect, ensuring you are grounded:
- Connection to inner focus (Vortex)
- Connection to the natural world (Nest)
- Connection to technological advances and algorithmic personalisation (Spotify code)
Physical: the necessities that sustain basic human existence
- Nourishing, tradition and connection to roots (Oats and Seeds)
- Sensual, personal touch and pleasure (Spoon)
Clarity of vision – as mental health problems can often cloud and distort our view
- Ability to see alternative perspectives (Mirror & Mirror writing)
- Ability to see direction and purpose (Compass)